Local Roots Farmers Markets, the largest organizer and producer of farmers markets in Lee County, announces its 2017-2018 schedule of markets while celebrating its 10th anniversary of bringing the widest and best variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, foods and more to residents and visitors.
The 2017-2018 “opening days” schedule is:
- Sanibel Island Farmers Market: Sundays, October 1 – May 27, 8 am – 1 pm, Sanibel City Hall, 800 Dunlop Road, Sanibel
- Lakes Park Farmers Market: Wednesdays, October 11 – April 25, 9 am – 1 pm, Lakes Regional Park, 7300 Gladiolus Drive, Fort Myers
- Coconut Point Farmers Market: Thursdays, October 5 – April 26, 9 am – 1 pm, Panera Parking Lot, 23106 Fashion Drive, Estero
- Bonita Springs Farmers Market: Saturdays, October 7 – April 28, 8 am – Noon, The Promenade at Bonita Bay, 26795 South Bay Drive, Bonita Springs
- Fort Myers Beach Farm & Art Market: Tuesdays, November 7 – April 24, 8 am – Noon, Nervous Nellie’s Parking Lot, 645 Old San Carlos Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach
- Captiva Island Farmers Market: Tuesdays, December 19 – April 3, 9 am – 1 pm, South Seas Island Resort Entrance, 5400 South Seas Plantation Road, Captiva Island
- Boca Grande Farm & Fish Market: Fridays, December 22 – April 27, 9 am – 1 pm, Boca Grande Ball Field, 305 Wheeler Road
- Fenway South Farm & Flea Market: Mondays, January 8 – March 26, 9 am – 1 pm, Jet Blue Park, 11500 Fenway South Drive, Fort Myers
Local Roots Farmers Markets was founded and is operated by Lee County residents Jean Baer and Betsy Venture, and the organization will be expanding to a record nine markets this upcoming season. “As we launch a new Farmers Market this year and bring our highest quality vendors to more of Southwest Florida, we’re excited to share the best produce, seafoods, meats, food items, art and more with our communities,” Jean Baer says.
The 2017-2018 season also marks the 10th anniversary of Local Roots Farmers Markets. “From very humble beginnings, we’re honored to have seen our concept of bringing the best vendors of fresh fruits, vegetables, foods and more to our area met with such enthusiasm,” Betsy Venture says. “The Markets have become more than a health and wellness shopping experience, they’re almost a community event where friends gather each week. 10 years is a time to celebrate!”
To learn more about Local Roots Farmers Markets; market locations, times and dates; and other information, visit www.BuyLocalLee.com.